The major benefits of EDI, or Electronic Data Interchange are simple - speed and accuracy. EDI transfers ensure real-time processing, eliminate time associated with manual transactions, and increase overall operational efficiency.
Electronic Data Interchange
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), is a standardized electronic data format that is to be exchanged between software applications. This allows your company to exchange data with R+L Carriers electronically in order to facilitate a business transaction. R+L Carriers adheres to and follows ANSI X12 EDI standards.
- The ability to exchange data with R+L at any time
- Significantly reduce business expenses, improve productivity and optimize workflow
- Automatically submit Bill of Lading and Pickup Request
- Receive near real-time tracking events and your invoices electronically
- Faster transactions, less processing time
- Quick and easy implementation
How EDI Works
R+L provides technical support for electronic data interchange, including the X12 EDI standard. R+L supports the standard EDI transaction sets you need to send and receive shipping and billing information.
- EDI 204 – Inbound – Load Tender (Pickup Request) Documentation
- EDI 204 – Inbound – Load Tender (Pickup Request) R+L's Format
- EDI 204 – Outbound – Load Tender (Pickup Request) R+L's Format
- EDI 210 – Inbound/Outbound – Format Invoice Documentation
- EDI 210 – Inbound/Outbound – Format Invoice R+L's Format
- EDI 211 – Inbound/Outbound – Bill of Lading Documentation
- EDI 211 – Inbound/Outbound – Bill of Lading R+L's Format
- EDI 214 – Inbound – Shipment Status Documentation
- EDI 214 – Outbound – Shipment Status Documentation
- EDI 216 – Inbound – Shipment Pickup Notification Documentation
- EDI 997 – Inbound/Outbound – Functional Acknowledgment Documentation
- EDI 990 – Inbound – Response to a Load Tender
- EDI 990 – Outbound – Response to a Load Tender
- EDI 820 – Inbound – Payment Order/Remittance Advice
Get Started with EDI
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will get in contact with you.
In order to have a complete application and profile our EDI team will request that this form be completed. Download EDI Trading Partner Profile here
You may also contact Customer Service toll free at 800.535.1984 or Rates at 800.535.1983